Fireplace Stone Coating
Transform your new or existing fireplace into an elegant stone feature using Fireplace Stone Coating, the stone effect fireplace paint.
A water-based, stone effect, fireplace paint specially formulated for application onto fire surrounds.
Suitable for gas, electric & inglenook surrounds, back panels and heaths.
- Quick drying & easy to apply. All instructions are on the tin - no fuss, no mess.
- A cost effective alternative to a new stone surround.
- All the benefits of a new fireplace without the cost or the mess.
- Made from real ground stone to give you a truly authentic & quality finish which looks, and feels like natural stone.
- Environmentally friendly - water based, low VOC.
- Wood & Wood Finishes
- Masonry & Brickwork
- Pre-Painted Surfaces
PropertiesDrying Time: In normal drying conditions allow a minimum of hours drying time between coats. Drying time can be reduced by circulating warm air around the painted surface. Completely cured within 72 hours under normal conditions.
Coverage: 1 litre will complete (with the recommended 3 coats) an area approximately 2.5 meters squared. Coverage can vary depending on the condition and porosity of the substrate.
VOC Content: Minimal VOC content. This product contains max 6g/l VOC.
Prepare all surfaces well. Ensure the surface is clean, sound and dry. Repair any damage with a suitable filler. Sane pre-painted and glossy surfaces. Apply at least one coat of Stonelux Primer & Undercoat.
Stir well before use. Apply using an economy natural bristled brush or a roller. Apply a MINIMUM of 3 even coats. Avoid overspreading. Leave 2-3 hours drying time between coats. Do not over brush/roll. If brush marks remain, finish with stippling before final coat dries.
Stir well before use. Apply 2-3 full and even coats to the surface. Wet film thickness should be between 300 and 500µm. Do not over coat on corners or joints. Allow 2-3 hours drying time between coats. Various psi settings can be used for a light or heavy finish (approx. 60psi for a medium textured finish). Nozzle size: 1.8-2.5mm (gravity fed gun) or 2-5mm (texture gun). Paint can be diluted using no more than 20% water.
- Apply a minimum of 3 coats
- Use an economy natural bristled brush
- Drying time can be reduced by circulating warm air around the painted surface
Product images are for illustrative purposes only. Packaging may vary from the images shown.